Changes to Hearthstone:
- 9 more card slots - Total 18 card slots altogether
- Standard Format - Deck built solely from a pool of cards that were released in the current and previous calendar year, along with a core foundation of the Basic and Classic card sets (which will always be valid for Standard). Standard will only battle Standard format deck
- Wild Format - Decks built on any available card. Wild will battle with Wild format deck
- Tournaments & esports - Based on Standard format.
- Arena - Based on Wild format.
Standard promises a fresher Hearthstone experience!
- Standard will help make for a more dynamic and balanced metagame.
- A select set of cards makes each new card have more impact!
- The developers will have more freedom to design exciting new cards.
- It lets newer players jump in faster without having to collect as many cards.
Personally, I felt this is a good change. Both in keeping entry level for new players easier and also the meta fresh. Likewise, even experience players need to keep up with the card collection.