Pages

Featured Post

Massive Warfare - 125-0 Record (Edgar88)!

I believe a new record 125-0 by Edgar88. Hydra striker solo domination GuiLin Peaks 35% paint legendary pilot Bill by Edgar88.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Hearthstone Arena


Hearthstone Arena


I have just started another Hearthstone Arena run again after a disappointing 2-3, 2-3, 1-3 and 0-3 run. I kind of given up until I read so much that it was possible to win. This time round, I approached it with a completely different mindset after reading many, many forums, blog discussions and website recommendations.

  1. Use HearthArena or ArenaValue - why reinvent the wheel or draft based on your constructed experience while there are tried and proven arena wins from the experts and on-going feeds into the system. I threw away whatever I learnt in constructed and trusted the experts, not my gut feel.
  2. Focus on the Game (NOT on the wins or gold) - Yes, focus on the game itself as a learning experience. It does not matter whether you win or lose. Treat it as school fees. I was very, very concerned when I invested 150 gold initially to enter arena in the past. I told myself, sh*t, I better make it a profit else I might as well buy card packs for 100 gold. It bothered me so much that it affected my game (one such occasion, I could have saved a power overwhelming when I rammed my buffed minion into his Abomination instead of ramming the rest of my minions in to him which would have cleared his board as well, since I used backstab on his second Azure Drake spotted by my spectating friend). I was really cool as a cucumber during constructed that I almost always played a perfect game despite winning or losing using slightly better than basic decks since I do not have most cards.
  3. Play One-Game-a-Day - Also, referring to point 2, take it one step at a time. It really requires complete focus. Analyze what has gone wrong, what the opponent did right that cost you the game. Then, DO NOT make the same mistake again or use that tactic he used to beat you. My first game was with Paladin. A good tactic he used against me was not to kill all my minions but reduced them to 2 health or deathrattle them, then he cleared with Conscretion. I used the exact same tactic on him later by flamestrike him.

Follow me with my Arena adventures ahead.

Everyone, get in here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2024 My iPhone iPad Blog. All rights reserved.

Home | About | Contact | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer