Pages

Featured Post

Massive Warfare - 125-0 Record (Edgar88)!

I believe a new record 125-0 by Edgar88. Hydra striker solo domination GuiLin Peaks 35% paint legendary pilot Bill by Edgar88.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Convert Micro-SIM to Nano-SIM


Convert Micro SIM to Nano SIM for iPhone 5.
Convert SIM to Nano SIM for iPhone 4.

I have personally not tried it yet, but it may be useful to you.
I will try it as soon as I get my iPhone 5.

Found this guide by Christian von der Ropp.

After you have cut your SIM, you might like to get an adapter.

Disclaimer: Follow these instructions at your own risk. Cutting your SIM card may destroy it!

  1. Download and print this page at 100% scale on a A4-size page.
  2. Fix your SIM card with double-sided tape to the printed template.
  3. Use a ruler and a marker to draw the cut lines onto your SIM card.
  4. Cut your SIM card along the drawn lines using scissors or pen knife. Cutting contacts usually does not impact functionality as the actual chip below is much smaller.
  5. Round the edges by grinding them with sandpaper or a filer.
Including tolerance defined by ETSI specifications (p.20) (+30µm/-70µm) NanoSIMs (0.67mm) are just 60µm thinner than a Mini SIM (2FF) or Micro SIM (3FF) (both 0.76mm), which corresponds to the thickness of a human hair and thus does not make a difference in practice, notably not on the iPhone 5.



Video after "Read more >>"


1 comment:

  1. Nice Post....I will also try when I will buy iPhone 5. But I think this process should be done very carefully. But, However thanks for this post and I hope you will post new tips and tricks for iPhone.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2024 My iPhone iPad Blog. All rights reserved.

Home | About | Contact | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer